Foods Alive Organic Cacao Powder
Foods Alive Cacao Powder comes from cacao beans that are grown on the island of the Dominican Republic under a dense forest canopy basking in the shade of tropical fruit trees and the Caribbean sun. They are grown in nutrient-rich island soil, which gives it a unique flavor profile that is unlike any other. Each pod of cacao beans is hand-picked and selected only when ripe and mature, providing you with the best possible flavor and nutritional value.
Health Benefits Include:
- Cacao is incredibly rich in magnesium. Other essential minerals present in cacao are calcium, zinc, iron, copper, sulfur, magnesium, and potassium.
- The cacao bean also contains more antioxidant flavanoids than any other food tested including blueberries, red wine, and green tea. Studies have shown cacao to have over twice as many antioxidants as red wine and three times as much as green tea.
- Raw cacao contains many chemicals that enhance physical and mental well-being including alkaloids, proteins, magnesium, beta-carotene, leucine, linoleic acid, lipase, lysine.
- It also contains some neurotransmitters such as dopamine and anandamide which is the so-called bliss chemical associated with the feeling of being in love.
- Raw cacao also contains theobromine which is similar in effect to caffeine.
How to Use: Add cacao powder to all your favorite smoothies, teas, coffee mixes, protein drinks, desserts, or anything else you can think of. Just one or two spoonfuls can transform any recipe into a healthy chocolate treat.
Shelf Life: 2 year
Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
About the Brand
Foods Alive is a family-owned and operated business that cares more about the quality of food and the effects of producing it on our planet than profiting for oneself. They came to life in 2002 when the first seeds were sown by Ellen and Michael Moor, their son Matt and his wife Tammy.
Ellen and Michael first encountered flax crackers while enjoying a raw food buffet at Creative Health Institute in Hodunk, Michigan. Michael fell in love with the raw cracker and this inspired Ellen to recreate it in her own kitchen. She began making flax crackers for her family and they loved them also! As Ellen continued making flax crackers, she let her creativity shine with new combinations of flavors. These raw crackers became such a hit with the family that they all agreed they must be shared with the world!
So in the middle of 2002, Ellen, Michael, Matt, and Tammy launched Foods Alive. Today, Foods Alive offers their unique Raw Golden Flax Crackers in several wonderful flavors, produces a variety of raw Flax and Hemp-based Gourmet Oils and Super Dressings, and an extensive line of organic raw Super Foods (chia seeds, maca powder, goji berries, etc) to provide health-conscious consumers with a more diverse nutritional experience.